Loving them to the Lord

     This morning I was picking up around the house and I have a place where i display any cards that we receive, invitations, etc. and I picked up a card we had gotten from our daughter and son-in-love, who live about four hours away, thanking us for taking care of our six grandchildren while they went away for the weekend. Then a post card from our son and daughter-in-love, that has their picture on it. They are missionaries in Germany working with the military youth. Usually I accept that God has a plan for our Children and they are so following it, and we are very proud of them, and wouldn't have it any other way. Yet today was different. I broke in to tears, I miss them all so much. Maybe it is this time of year, I don't know. You see we homeschooled, and so every Fall we would take a day off for "school pictures" and go to a near by lake and a park etc. and just take pictures of them. It was a great time, lots of laughs, etc., such good memories. I'm so glad I have those pictures. 

     They are 28(Daughter) and 26(Son) but you see they are still my babies. They brought so much fun, laughter, joy, blessings, the list is way to long. Oh ya they also brought us some tough times, but a momma's heart seems to kinda forget that stuff. I marvel at how God has worked in their lives and how they have grown into such wonderful people. We weren't the greatest parents, no one is. We made many mistakes, lost our temper, said and did things we wish we could take back, etc. So very grateful that God's grace covers that. We are not alone when we parent. Cry out to the Perfect parent when you are going through the tough times. Ask for forgiveness from God and your child when you know you have messed up. 

     Enjoy your little ones, teenagers, adult children, they grow up so fast and leave a huge hole in your heart and life when they are not close by physically. Yet the most important job you will ever have is to make sure they know our Lord as their personal savior. As long as they are close spiritually they will be fine in this old world. When our children left to be missionaries, we all had to come to a understanding that we may never see each other again on this earth. God has been so gracious to allow us many times since then, but it is always a reality in the back of our minds. Yet it is a reality for anyone anywhere, they don't have to live in another country. When you all know the Lord as your savior, you have the wonderful promise of seeing each other again in eternity. What a wonderful blessing!!!!! Yet if you don't know the Lord....wow what a devastating thought. 

     Just heard this morning about a young man 18, who was in a car accident and is paralyzed from the neck down. He doesn't know the Lord nor does his family. My heart just cries out for them. I haven't enough space in the world to write my feelings about this situation. They have been given another chance. I pray with everything in me they take it. I pray they find God through this and focus on what could have been and not what they have been dealt. Please pray for this family.

     Don't take this day for granted, it is a gift from God and he has a plan for it. Surrender it to Him, so that He may use it as He pleases. I had no plans in writing this today. I was cleaning, so I pray it blesses someone, and God uses it. 

In Him   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your comments