Finding Direction

I have to admit I struggle with this whole blog thing. Don't get me wrong, I love reading them, and especially looking at the beautiful pictures some people put on, or the great ideas. Yet that being said, I have drug my feet in believing I have what it takes, as you can see by the last date that I posted. Today I feel like it is time to be obedient. I pray I can be dedicated and open to the Holy Spirits prompting.

In my quiet time with God this morning, he showed me this verse in Luke 8:16 "No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand so that those who come in can see the light. You may look at that and say ya duh, but in God's wonderful way he revealed to me that the light is my life with Him and I need to put it out there for others to see and learn from. What better place then to let my light shine then in this blog for hopefully others to read. You see I'm a stay at home wife, which I love, but I really don't go out much except to church, Bible study, a few errands here and there. I'll explain more about that later. So I'm excited about serving God in this way.

I love how God even covers our weaknesses. As I said before I have really drug my feet here, with little confidence that I have anything to teach others or that they would want to read. Today He also shows me this  in verse 24-25. The disciples went and woke him, saying "Master, Master, were going  to drown!" He got up and  rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 25."Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. I ask myself, where is my faith? I serve a God that can command the winds and water and they obey and yet here I am not. How can I doubt that. I may not have what it takes but He does.

I think maybe I need to go to another country or something like that, I'm willing. Maybe then I could teach someone or tell something everyone doesn't know. Verse 39, "Return home(that's my word) and tell how much God has done for you." That I CAN do and I will. I appreciate your prayers.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your comments