Lets get REAL day 2

     Do you ever feel like your stumbling through life? Some days are better then others, but all in all it's just not what you expected of yourself and of life in general? Do you run the race everyday only to find yourself exhausted at the end? Do you feel like you are leaving a trail behind you of people whom you let down, usually the ones you love most?          
     Are we trying to do it all on are own? Do we honestly lay our day before the Lord and listen for his direction in it all? 
     We all talk about our busy schedules and crazy lives. We all live by our calenders and have that cell phone with us at all times. Our pastor said the other day, "God is calling, are you going to answer or send him to voice mail?" 
     This is what I mean when I say lets get REAL. The Bible really does give us everything we need to know about living life real. Not wearing the super women masks, not being everything to everybody, etc. God never intended that for us. 
     I want to be REAL as God intended. I want a genuine peace to my everyday life. How many people do you know, that you would say live a life of peace? Yet God in his word talks so much about peace. Philippians 4:4-9 says 
         Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
     Why aren't we living this way? What is stopping us? We say we are Christians, yet do we live our life this way? 
     As a missionary, our son had the privilege of being in a foreign country that was translating the Bible into their language. He told us stories of people who would walk many, many miles just to get a few pages. They would take it back home and study every word in detail and memorize it. Only to return in time, excited for a few more pages to exchange for the ones they had. 
     God help us. We sit with many Bibles in our home, and yet take it all for granted. We do devotionals because it's quicker and makes us feel better about ourselves. We set our dvr's so we don't miss our favorite shows. We memorize the words to that favorite song. How about that favorite Bible verse? 
     If this Bible passage above, was our only page we had, would we memorize it? Would we cherish it as Gods word?  Why don't we? 
     We are getting REAL, and I mean we which includes me. As I wrote the part about the stories our son told, my heart truly ached. I want to be so passionate about God that I live my life this way. Where I would walk many, many miles just to have a sheet of Gods word. Where I would read it over and over with desire to know, understand, and memorize so that I would always have it, no matter what.
     What's keeping you from this kind of life? Ask God to show you. I know I will be. When he tells us the answer, will we answer his call or will we put him to voice mail. Are we willing to give up what ever is standing in our way? I would love to hear your thoughts. 

In Him     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your comments