Peace or Peaceful are they the same?(Day 3)

                                                                       credit-homeaway.com
      Do you think having a life of peace and having a peaceful life are the same thing? When I mentioned in day 2 that I wanted to live a life of genuine peace. I think I did, yet I believe God has recently showed me in his word, that they are not.
     Several years ago we were on a mission trip in Colorado with our children's youth group. We attended the church where we were helping out, it just happened to be a log cabin church. If there is one thing you need to know about me it is I am a log cabin girl.(sorry just a side note) Anyways, there was a gentleman that attended the Sunday school class that day, that intrigued me very much. He had such a peace about him that it actually showed. A gentleness of sort. I imagined him living up in the mountains in a small, yet quaint log cabin, with a large rock fireplace, that heated the whole house. Placed directly in front was a old handcrafted rocking chair, just a bit to the right. This is where he retired every evening and read the word of God and prayed, after a long day of working. He didn't own a tv, barely even listened to the radio. As he read, next to him, laying on the floor, was his best friend and companion. A big, old, red, golden retriever. Whom we also saw at church. Honest, several people brought their pets to church. Yes, most of them did stay outside, except the church cat. 
     I have thought of this man many times since then. To be honest I'm not sure I could pick him out of a line up. I never talked to him, yet I have wished many times that I had. 
     He radiated peace, gentleness, strength, etc. Yet as you can see, my imagination saw it at that time, as a peaceful life.
     I don't know, that man may have had many things on his plate, deep concerns, troubled waters, yet he had peace in Christ. I see that now. 
     In our one page(day 2) the passage Philippians 4:4-9 verse 9 says, And the God of peace will be with you. It doesn't say, God will give you a peaceful life. For the matter of fact, today in my time with him, I read this. Luke 12:51 these are Jesus's words "Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division." He's talking about division between believers and non-believers.
     So a life of peace and a peaceful life are not the same. I may never have a peaceful life, yet I can have a life of peace. Only through our savior Jesus Christ, He is the God of Peace. 
     I believe that peace becomes stronger in our life, the closer we grow to Christ. So when we go through all the things a life here on earth deals us, we can have the strong peace in our hearts that God is in control and we can rest in his peace. I don't know about you, but I would much rather have that peace then a peaceful life.

In Him          



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your comments